Tuesday, December 16

Update of my life

It has been weeks since I left uni. The last time I was there is to find my supervisor, get his signature before submitting my thesis to the faculty. Nope, I don’t miss there as much as I miss the KL campus.

On wedding
My sis’ wedding was right after my finals. Banquets were held in BP and Sg, respectively. I invited some of my pals to the dinner back in my hometown and I managed to ask/persuade/command Ho Sheng and Jun Xiang to sing on stage. The unlucky JX even had to sing w/o the lyrics.

I was kinda disappointed with the food at Seaview (one of the restaurants in BP which caters for wedding) and also Holiday Inn Park View’s. This might because I dun stay seated at my place for long during the dinner. I was the bridesmaid, so I need to go around, helping my sis (changing clothes, pulling the train of her gown, etc). I was also one of the jie meis. Multitasking is my forte. Well, even if my sis didn’t ask, I will still volunteer myself. Think about the ang pows and the chance to fool (the people) around. Hehe…

The bears (h/p hanging accessories) was a gift from the
bride and groom to everyone who attended the banquet at
the Holiday Inn Park View

Well, it was the biggest sum of money I’ve ever got in my life. Each of us (another 4 of the jie meis are my cousins) got the amount of 161 000. Too bad it’s in Indonesian Rupiah. Otherwise I don’t have to work for dunno how long. Apart from the IR, there was RM 33 and SGD 22 each.

I liked the wedding photo albums. My sis and her hubby painstakingly effort was taken off. They went to numerous wedding studios in Sg and JB. Lastly they chose the one at JB. The pictures were unique, as most of the time, the wedding pics we see are the joyous-type. My sis’? One word. Artistic. Generally most of the pics have dark background. But it wasn’t the gloomy type. Anyway, many had praises on the photos.

In Sg, getting married need lots of planning and money. To book a hotel, an advance booking of about a year earlier is needed. I’m not exaggerating and this is the Singaporean kiasu-ness. My sis has already blended herself in this culture. The make-up is also expensive. It’s S$500 for day and night make-up (2 times make-up) whereas it was RM230 in BP for one-time make-up. I shouldn’t study so much after my SPM.

For whole day photography, it was another S$2K. But I dunno the price in M’sia. So cant determine if it’s expensive. But I like the photos outcome. The photographer knew how to capture the moment. Too bad I haven’t got the video/pics. It’s still in editing, I guess. But on the wedding night, it was compiled as a short video. I was amazed on how he managed to capture it. It made me to love photography (using DSLR).

On BP
Khai Joo extended his stay at BP for a day when the rest went back a day after the wedding. Whenever someone asks me what/where is BP’s attraction, my reply is always the same - ”There’s nothing in BP”. Sometimes, I’ll add, “But BP got a lot of rich people, but I’m not one of them”. So, I told KJ the same thing. Never did I expect my mum and dad’s friend told him exactly the same thing. Hehe…

But this time I (more correctly, my dad) managed to bring him to one of the famed briyani stalls in BP. Not cheap leh, by my standard. A plate of nasi briyani ayam is RM7. It wasn’t just KJ’s first time, it’s my first time eating Nasi Briyani there.

On hair
I rebonded my hair about 2 weeks ago. Low hair maintenance is so suitable for me. I no longer need to really comb my hair, struggling and taming my unruly hair everyday. Ah Bee also just permed, colored and highlighted her hair. And Hsin Ching thinks she doesn’t have place to waste her money, so she rebonded her bits of front hair. My sis did highlighting+coloring there too, a day before her wedding in BP.

This is the first time so many of us gone to the same hair stylist and all of us have the same comment on the hair stylist, Adam. When you speak to him, he’ll need about 30-second of silence before answering you. This will make us think he didn’t get/hear the questions in the first place. And only WC had the guts to tell him to wake up, and stop being so slow. Hehe…

On @ Sg
Came in here with Ching and stayed at my sis’ place, while the newlywed was at Egypt honeymooning. Now they are back here and Ching returned to M’sia yesterday. While she was here, we went to the community library, shopping at Junction 8 and Orchard. Oh ya, a word of caution. Don’t ever shop at Cotton On Body at Wisma Atria/Ngee Ann. The things there are so hiked up. The same piece from the same outlet at Plaza Sg was 10 bucks cheaper. Ching was so unbalanced after seeing the price, since she was fleeced at the first shop.

The other day we went ‘clubbing’ at Clarke Quay during ladies night. The first place we entered was Lunar. They gave each lady 3 lychee martinis for free. Actually the place was different from what I’ve imagined. I’ve never went clubbing before but I thought clubs have dance floor de? So is this considered clubbing? Urgh… It’s not that important since it’s free. The first programme that night was singing, a la ‘min ge can ting’ where they sang Chinese songs most of the night. Then, the performance that came right after that was pole-dancing.

One of the dancers. Both of us agreed this girl is the hottest,
but not the prettiest. Or is it? I don't really remember. Nway, this
pic is blurry, but never mind it. The cleavage is kinda distinct.

We left Lunar shortly after the performance and headed towards the second pub/club, Gotham Penthouse. This place was lagi cham. Although they have a small dance floor, no one is dancing. The number of people can be counted with my ten fingers. Maybe Wednesday night (at 10.30pm) is memang like that de? I dunno. Or the crowd gets in after 12? Since free housepour for ladies only begins after twelve. So, sadly to say, we had to get that a miss, since we’re Cinderella. Well, we don’t want to miss the last train. Anyway, the band at Gotham is better than Lunar.

On the other hand, met up Ann Gie, our very own air stewardess. She is always the girly girl type. And as usual, we always don’t mess around with her too much. If not, we’ll have to bear some consequences ourselves. But we like to joke with her, since making her laugh is easy. Hehe… She’s like the ‘da xiao jie’ type. Anyway, hope her eye infection gets better soon, so that she can resume her flying schedule.

On THE next step
There’s a silver lining on every cloud. I would like to differ. From my life now, I guess it’s better for me to say that, between the clouds with silver linings, there’s cloud with lightning and thunder. I’m still unemployed. I’m so unlucky. Why the recession happens now? The no of job offers/vacancies dropped significantly. The Saturday Straits Times recruitment section used to be very thick. Now? It is less than 20 pages.

Wait. I see something. “Mechanical Engineer wanted”. “Proficient in AutoCad”. Well, I guess I can learn using this software again. Although I dislike designing, this is a better way out for freshie with some kind of skill. “1-2 years of work experience”. Hmm… 1 or 2 when rounded off is equal to 0. So, I can still give it a try. “Only Singaporean and PR need apply” Urgh… Screw it. Tosses the newspaper away. This repeats a few times a day and without fail, for everyday.
So, I need to think of a few alternatives. First, I am now applying jobs in Malaysia too, but still not actively. I guess I will attend the career fair by Jobstreet at mid of January next year. Then I am also considering if being an air stewardess is good for me. The perks of flying around the world is good, but then, the life after flying? It’s so uncertain. Hmm… But I think I’ll apply too, since no harm doing so. Lastly, continue doing Masters. By doing Masters, I can avoid the economy downturn and on the meanwhile, enriching and equipping myself for a better future.

Anyway, let’s wait and see. And hope I’ll be on the right track. Would be better if there’s guidance by God. I guess I’ll need to make a trip down the temples, mosques, Indian temples, churches, etc. Just realized the advantages on living in a multi-racial country. I can leave my fate in the hands of more than just one God.

On camera
Since I’ve written such a lengthy post, I shall include every single bit of my life update into it, to make it even lengthier. I just got my long awaited camera. It was bought at the Sitex fair in Sg earlier on, with the help from my sis since I was at M’sia at that time. Initially I was quite sure on getting IXUS 870 IS, a new model by Canon. Then, WC told me her colleague got a Panasonic Lumix FX 38 and it was quite good too. Then, WC also got herself one in Brown colour.

Being a fickle person, I asked my sis to help me decide between Canon and Panasonic. But actually deep inside my heart, I was hoping that her answer is Canon. I just need assurance that my decision on Canon is the better one. But, in the end, my sis chose the Panasonic model. It was S$551 for a 10 megapixel camera with 5X optical zoom, 25mm wide angle, with a total of 20 GB memory cards, 5 years warranty, tripod, 2 additional batteries, cleaning kit and not to forget a $40 Takashimaya gift voucher. And so, now I’m in a huge debt. I’ll deposit RM 1200 to her account when I get back M’sia, despite of her saying that I no need to pay her back. Hehe… That’s my sis, always the big-hearted and generous one, especially towards her family members.

Playing around with the camera. This bathroom in
the master bedroom was my sis' beloved. She
spent lots of time and energy designing it.

On another related note. I have funny friends surrounding me. One day, Ching told me her sis is eyeing on a Canon model. So, I asked her what model is it, since I was keen on Canon too. Then she told me a model I’ve never heard of. Canon 8015. Hmm... This left me thinking if it’s Powershot series, since I’m only familiar with the IXUS series. Then one day, when we go shopping, she pointed to me that very camera. It turned out that all the while, the camera she was talking about is IXUS 80 IS. See, this is my friend.

Ok. Tata for now. Sorry for the abruptness. I should get myself a life, instead on facing into the computer screen for the last 5 hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i ting u noe ur sis will support u de camera so jus ask her 2buy it ye??hehe...

All the best for ur job finding ya.
Jaga diri baik baik...^^

Noiz... said...

No la. I intend to pay her back de, in the very first place. Some more I've saved the money for the camera long time ago. Anyway, thanks...

Anonymous said...

i tried wee chieh's last weekend, the panasonic, and it's great.. i mean it's awesome..
until i kept mine and keep on using hers.. haha

Noiz... said...

Haha... Glad to hear this. At least some assurance now. Hmm... You like to play with the camera? Then during my convo, I hire you to be the photographer la. If I got job that time, will give you ang pow. If not, then you've to do it for me foc liao. Hehe..